Hive >> mail # user >> Table Statistics In Hive

+
Ladda, Anand 2012-04-02, 15:50
Re: Table Statistics In Hive
I am not sure of this but just making a guess from what i have learned

for getting row count i always run select count(1) from table

desc extended table tells the entire table metadata information but nothing
about the records inside the table

--
Nitin Pawar