Hadoop >> mail # general >> Heads Up - hadoop-2.0.3 release

+
Arun C Murthy 2012-11-16, 06:41
+
lohit 2012-11-16, 20:58
+
Todd Lipcon 2012-11-16, 21:14
+
Todd Lipcon 2012-11-16, 23:34
+
Aaron T. Myers 2012-11-16, 23:38
+
Stack 2012-11-17, 05:34
+
Robert Evans 2012-11-19, 16:22
Re: Heads Up - hadoop-2.0.3 release
YARN-142/MAPREDUCE-4067 should ideally be fixed before we commit to API
backward compatibility. Also, from the recent YARN meetup - there seemed to
be a requirement to change the AM-RM protocol for container requests. In
this case, I believe it's OK to not have all functionality implemented, as
long as the protocol itself can represent the requirements. However, as
Bobby pointed out, given the current adoption by other projects -
incompatible changes at this point can be problematic and needs to be
figured out.

Thanks
- Sid
On Mon, Nov 19, 2012 at 8:22 AM, Robert Evans <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> I am OK with removing the alpha assuming that we think that the APIs are
> stable enough that we are willing to truly start maintaining backwards
> compatibility on them within 2.X. From what I have seen I think that they
> are fairly stable and I think there is enough adoption by other projects
> right now that breaking backwards compatibility would be problematic.
>
> --Bobby Evans
>
> On 11/16/12 11:34 PM, "Stack" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>
> >On Fri, Nov 16, 2012 at 3:38 PM, Aaron T. Myers <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> >> Hi Arun,
> >>
> >> Given that the 2.0.3 release is intended to reflect the growing
> >>stability
> >> of YARN, and the QJM work will be included in 2.0.3 which provides a
> >> complete HDFS HA solution, I think it's time we consider removing the
> >> "-alpha" label from the release version. My preference would be to
> >>remove
> >> the label entirely, but we could also perhaps call it "-beta" or
> >>something.
> >>
> >> Thoughts?
> >>

> >I think it fine after two minor releases undoing the '-alpha' suffix.
> >
> >If folks insist we next go to '-beta', I'd hope we'd travel all
> >remaining 22 letters of the greek alphabet before we 2.0.x.
> >
> >St.Ack

+
Arun C Murthy 2012-11-19, 19:08
+
Tom White 2012-11-20, 12:41
+
lohit 2012-12-03, 18:02
+
Arun C Murthy 2012-12-04, 14:09
+
Aaron T. Myers 2012-12-06, 02:59
+
Todd Lipcon 2012-12-05, 02:03
+
Arun Murthy 2012-12-05, 02:56
+
Todd Lipcon 2012-12-05, 21:26
+
Suresh Srinivas 2012-11-19, 19:39
+
Bikas Saha 2012-11-20, 05:18
+
Steve Loughran 2012-11-19, 20:41
+
Todd Lipcon 2012-12-18, 19:45
+
Arun C Murthy 2012-12-19, 04:15
+
Aaron T. Myers 2012-12-19, 04:43
+
Arun C Murthy 2012-12-19, 05:00
+
Aaron T. Myers 2012-12-19, 05:07
+
Heather Bales 2012-12-19, 16:15
+
Prabakaran Krishnan 2012-12-19, 11:26
+
Steve Loughran 2012-12-19, 14:10
+
Arun C Murthy 2013-01-16, 14:52
+
Suresh Srinivas 2013-01-16, 18:30
+
Arun C Murthy 2013-01-16, 18:38
+
Alejandro Abdelnur 2013-01-25, 00:35
+
Roman Shaposhnik 2013-01-28, 23:11
+
Roman Shaposhnik 2013-01-29, 16:51
+
Konstantin Boudnik 2013-01-29, 17:21
+
Arun C Murthy 2013-01-29, 17:51
+
Roman Shaposhnik 2013-01-31, 05:01
+
Konstantin Boudnik 2013-01-31, 05:15
+
Bhandarkar, Milind 2012-11-17, 00:05
+
Alejandro Abdelnur 2012-11-17, 04:27
+
Robert Evans 2012-11-19, 16:27
+
Mariappan Asokan 2012-11-19, 17:18
+
Marcos Ortiz Valmaseda 2012-11-19, 17:45