Zookeeper, mail # dev - Where are we in ZOOKEEPER-1416

Re: Where are we in ZOOKEEPER-1416
Ted Dunning 2014-01-19, 00:05
On Sat, Jan 18, 2014 at 8:58 AM, Stack <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> > On Fri, Jan 17, 2014 at 2:14 PM, Ted Dunning <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
> > wrote:
> >

> > > That comment indicates a lack of understanding of ZK, not a bug in ZK.
> > >

> Mighty Ted Dunning, I'd just like to say that the quote is badly out of
> context and misrepresents the clueful gentleman quoted (The comment
> actually leads off with the root problem being HBase's USE of ZK, NOT ZK).

Fair correction.  I don't think I was the one who removed the context, but
I should have been more sensitive to its lack.

Corrections always welcome.  Corrections from Stack pretty much always
accepted without question.

> Nor am I sure what this is about.  Those actually working on making HBase
> region assignment more 'robust' have not asked for the above; i.e. have ZK
> make fundamental changes in the way it operates, though it is working as
> advertised, just to 'fix' a downstream project's misuse.

See previous general principle.  This is much more compatible with what I
remember of the strategies being used in the HBase Master.