Pig, mail # dev - Move pig project from svn to git repository

Re: Move pig project from svn to git repository
Bill Graham 2013-02-02, 06:38
I'm a huge fan of git and use it exclusively for Pig with the exception of
committing patches. I haven't personally experienced any reliability issues
with the git mirror. What are the reliability issues you've seen?
On Fri, Feb 1, 2013 at 6:46 PM, Jarek Jarcec Cecho <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>wrote:

> Hi pig developers,
> I personally prefer git over svn, so I'm using the git mirrors that Apache
> provides. As those mirrors do not seem entirely reliable I was wondering
> whether there are other pig developers that also prefer git over svn as
> myself. Apache Infrastructure Team is supporting projects that are
> primarily working with git, so my question is - would pig developer
> community be interested in migrating the repository from svn to git?
>
> I've recently participated in three projects that done this change, namely
> Sqoop, Flume and MRunit, and it's not a big deal. The process is rather
> simple, just it take some time as most of the job is done by Infrastructure
> team. I would be more than happy to help or even drive the process in case
> that this change would be desirable by community.
>
> Jarcec

[EMAIL PROTECTED] going forward.*