Hadoop, mail # user - Reminder: First Munich OpenHUG Meeting

Reminder: First Munich OpenHUG Meeting
Lars George 2009-12-14, 09:17
First Munich OpenHUG Meeting

We are trying to gauge the interest in a south Germany Hadoop User Group
Meeting. After seeing quite a big interest in the Berlin meetings a few
of us got together and decided to test the waters for another meeting at
the other end of the country. We are therefore happy to announce the
first Munich OpenHUG Meeting.

When: Thursday December 17, 2009 at 5:30pm open end
Where: eCircle AG, Nymphenburger Stra�e 86, 80636 M�nchen ("Bruckmann"
Building, "U1 Mailinger Str", map in German
http://www.ecircle.com/de/kontakt/anfahrt.html and look for the signs)

Thanks to Bob Schulze from eCircle to provide the location, projector
and also giving a first presentation on how eCircle is planning to use
the Hadoop stack.

We also have Dave Butlerdi giving an overview of his usage of Hadoop.
Finally I will give a state of affairs of the HBase project. What is it,
what does it do and how am I using it (since early 2008).

We are also open for everyone who wants to talk about anything related
to these new technologies often combined under the rather new term
"NoSQL". Take the opportunity to talk about what you are working on and
find like minded people to bounce ideas off. This is also why we chose
the title OpenHUG for the meeting. While we mostly work with Hadoop and
its subprojects we also like to learn about related projects and
technologies.

Last but not least there will be something to drink and we will get
pizzas in. Since we do not know how many of you will come on such short
notice we simply stay at Bob's place and continue or chats over food.

As this is a first meeting in Munich on this topic we called it in a day
after the Berlin meeting. Given there is interest we will in the future
settle on dates that fit nicely between the Berlin dates so that we have
no overlap and you can attend both meetings.

Please RSVP here:

http://upcoming.yahoo.com/event/4897497/BY/Mnchen/First-Munich-OpenHUG/eCircle-AG
https://www.xing.com/events/munich-openhug-437166

Best regards,