MapReduce >> mail # user >> Hello! - Hadoop: System Requirements.

Hello! - Hadoop: System Requirements.
Hello all in this list!

Thank you Harsh J for your help! I decided to post it again in order to properly identify myself in the archive list.
My name is Cristián and I am trying to learn Hadoop and to use it in near future...

I’ve started to learn Hadoop via Infosphere BigInsights (IBI), Basic Edition, from IBM.
But I am facing problems now that make me wonder if there are alternative ways to learn Hadoop.

The biggest problem is that IBI demands a static IP address, and this is a tough requirement for me, since I travel a lot for business and always use IP address assigned via DHCP..
Is there a way to use Hadoop without a static IP address?

More general question: What are the system requirements for installation of Hadoop?

Thank you in advance!

Cristián Carranzal.
+
Julien Muller 2012-08-14, 14:05