HBase >> mail # dev >> Porting policy from 0.94 to 0.92

+
Ted Yu 2012-09-06, 17:48
Re: Porting policy from 0.94 to 0.92
I think there's a distinction from porting to the newest release
(0.94.x, which is not yet really widely deployed, though starting to
get there) compared to porting to a one-old release (0.92.x). I think
we should be especially conservative about adding even non-invasive
features to "stable" branches. The higher the "y" in 0.x.y, the more
conservative we should be, since it implies that branch has gone
through quite a bit of stabilization and we should avoid risk.

-Todd

--
Todd Lipcon
Software Engineer, Cloudera