Hadoop >> mail # general >> New to hadoop

Re: New to hadoop
Regards, Joseph.
I think that depends in which project to want to work. The Hadoop
ecosystem is very rich, so, I think that you
should start looking which project seems more interesting to you.

I will give you an example of my own:
  The project that I want to work is HBase, so the first step is looking
in the JIRAs for HBASE.
  Interesting projects right now in HBase, at least for me:
  - HBASE-5313 [1]
  - HBASE-4818 [2]
  - HBASE-3857 [3]
  - HBASE-5521 [4]

The second step is to view who is working on these issues:
- Dhruba Borthakur  [5]
- Lars Hofhansl [6]
- Todd Lipcon [7]
- and many more...

You can ask them how do you want to help them, or simply look for JIRAs
marked with easy
resolution, and begin to these issues to get inside the HBase code or
the project which you want
to work.

If you are an student, Cloudera has several internships to work in real
Hadoop projects, so
take a look to the Careers section at Cloudera.[8]

Best wishes

[1] https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/HBASE-5313
[2] https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/HBASE-4818
[3] https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/HBASE-3857