Hadoop >> mail # user >> error in escaping "/" and "+" in hadoop s3://key:secret@bucket/

error in escaping "/" and "+" in hadoop s3://key:secret@bucket/
previously this does work, by escaping "/" with "%2F" (not sure about the
"+" case)
now hadoop gives me error saying that signature is wrong.

I went back and generated a new keypair without special chars, then the
above scheme works fine.
there has to be some issues with the key escaping code, is this a bug?

thanks
Yang