HBase >> mail # user >> Behavior of Filter.transform() in FilterList?

Behavior of Filter.transform() in FilterList?
Hi,

From
https://github.com/apache/hbase/blob/0.95/hbase-client/src/main/java/org/apache/hadoop/hbase/filter/FilterList.java#L183
,
it appears that Filter.transform() is invoked unconditionally on all
filters in a FilterList hierarchy.

This is quite confusing, especially since I may construct a filter like:
    (family=X and column=Y and KeyOnlyFilter) or (family=A and colymn=B)
The KeyOnlyFilter will remove all values from the KeyValues in A:B as well.

Is my understanding correct? Is this an expected/intended behavior?

Thanks,
C.