HDFS >> mail # dev >> A question about the namenode's decision on the data placement of a new file

+
wei xu 2012-08-24, 22:33
Re: A question about the namenode's decision on the data placement of a new file
On Fri, Aug 24, 2012 at 3:33 PM, wei xu <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> I am doing some research on the data placement, but I am not quite familiar
> with the Hadoop, is there any one who can tell me when a new file be added
> into the HDFS, which function will be called by namenode to make a decision
> on the allocation ( I mean, if there has a list of datanodes and the file
> might be larger than 64MB, that is, several blocks may be included. What's
> the function that decide the placement of those blocks to those datanode?)

You'll want to read BlockPlacementPolicy and its inheritors.

-andy
+
Vivi Lang 2012-08-25, 00:00
+