Hive >> mail # user >> Using HiveJDBC interface

+
Aditya Rao 2013-02-18, 14:15
Re: Using HiveJDBC interface
I personally do not find it a large problem.

1) have multiple backend hive thrift servers with ha-proxy in front
2) don't use varaible names like "x" use "myprocess1.x" to remove
possible collisions
3) experiment with hivethrift2
4) dont use zk locking + thrift (it leaks as far as I can tell (older versions))

Really #2 solve the problem mentioned on the wiki page. There are
other subtle issues, but all in all it works pretty well.

Edward

On Mon, Feb 18, 2013 at 9:15 AM, Aditya Rao <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I've just recently started using Hive and I'm particularly interested about
> the capabilities of the HiveJDBC interface. I'm writing an simple
> application that aims to use the Hive JDBC driver to submit hive queries. My
> end goal is to be able to create multiple connections using the Hive JDBC
> driver and submit queries concurrently.
>
> I came across a few issues in the mailing list and in JIRA related to
> issuing concurrent requests to the hive server (explained here
> https://cwiki.apache.org/Hive/hiveserver2-thrift-api.html) . I would like to
> know if anyone has suggestions/guidelines regarding best practices to work
> around this problem? Apart from restricting to a single query at a time, are
> there any other known pitfalls that one should keep an eye out when using
> the HiveJDBC interface.
>
> Thanks,
>
> Aditya
+