MapReduce >> mail # user >> Re: Mapping MySQL schema to Avro

Re: Mapping MySQL schema to Avro
This is probably the wrong list for your question.

And, no, I don't think that your conversion is correct.

To me it looks like you have lots of values in a fmsession.  In the avro
version, those values appear to be repeated in the fmsswitchvalues. That
seems wrong.
On Fri, Nov 23, 2012 at 5:12 AM, Bart Verwilst <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Hello!
>
> I'm currently writing an importer to import our MySQL data into hadoop (
> as Avro files ). Attached you can find the schema i'm converting to Avro,
> along with the corresponding Avro schema i would like to use for my
> imported data. I was wondering if you guys could go over the schema and
> determine if this is sane/optimal, and if not, how i should improve it.
>
> As a sidenote, i converted bigints to long, and had 1 occurrence of
> double, which i also converted to long in the avro, not sure if that's the
> correct type?
>
> Thanks in advance for your expert opinions! ;)
>
> Kind regards,
>
> Bart

+
Ruslan Al-Fakikh 2012-11-24, 00:06