HBase >> mail # user >> does hbase master need to be a hadoop datanode as well?

Re: does hbase master need to be a hadoop datanode as well?
"as long as machine is powerful"

That's the key ;)

If you run you standalone HBase in a virtual machine, it might not be
powerful enought and you might miss the heartbeats. Same if you run on a
computer without enought memory and it's starting to swap.

JM