Accumulo >> mail # dev >> 1.6.0 Feature Freeze

+
John Vines 2013-10-31, 17:02
+
Sean Busbey 2013-10-31, 17:39
+
John Vines 2013-10-31, 17:42
+
Christopher 2013-10-31, 17:37
+
Sean Busbey 2013-10-31, 17:41
Re: 1.6.0 Feature Freeze
Yes, that's what I'm saying, because:

1 week (max) delay in pushing/merging is probably a better alternative
for features mostly ready and waiting for feedback before a final
yeah/nay, than somebody eagly pushing them to get them in before the
deadline and having to revert them later because they weren't
sufficiently reviewed.

--
Christopher L Tubbs II
http://gravatar.com/ctubbsii
On Thu, Oct 31, 2013 at 1:41 PM, Sean Busbey <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> On Thu, Oct 31, 2013 at 12:37 PM, Christopher <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>
>> I think a week extension would be good for projects that are under
>> review, but I don't think it should be extended for development on
>> those features (except to address issues from the review). This would
>> also encourage people to push something potentially disruptive to
>> ReviewBoard instead of committing at the last minute and having to
>> revert it later. That would allow us to review stuff that has been
>> ready, but not committed because people have been busy finishing other
>> features for the feature freeze and haven't had time to review it yet.
>>

> Just to make sure I'm reading this right:
>
> you're saying we include things that are in review board as of the original
> feature freeze date? And then they get pushed post-feature-freeze date once
> their reviews have iterated to acceptance?
>

> --
> Sean
+
Sean Busbey 2013-10-31, 18:26