HBase >> mail # user >> sqoop import into secure Hbase with kerberos

Re: sqoop import into secure Hbase with kerberos
To further isolate the problem, try doing some simple commands from the
hbase shell after obtaining kerberos credentials:

1) kinit
2) hbase shell
3) in hbase shell:
  create 'testtable', 'f'
  put 'testtable', 'r1', 'f:col1', 'val1'
  get 'testtable', 'r1'

If these all work, then the HBase code is correctly recognizing and
utilizing your kerberos credentials, and there may be a problem with
getting the credentials passed through the sqoop process.  If these
commands do _not_ work, then there is a problem with your kerberos / HBase
security setup.  For example. it could be a mismatch in the encryption
ciphers (most kerberos configs will default to AES which is not or at least
was not previously supported in Java 6 without the "unlimited strength" JCE
policy files).