HBase >> mail # user >> debugging a possible long garbage collection

+
Garrett Wu 2011-04-29, 04:48
+
Ted Dunning 2011-04-29, 06:35
Re: debugging a possible long garbage collection
+1 on Todd's GC stuff. I just implemented it and it looks like there's a bit of improvement.  I'm still early on in my testing...

Mike Segel

On Apr 29, 2011, at 1:35 AM, Ted Dunning <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Swap and gc are the usual culprits for this.
>
> Are you running a recent enough version to have Todd's wondrous mslab
> option?
>
> On Thu, Apr 28, 2011 at 9:48 PM, Garrett Wu <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>
>> Some snippets from the logs are pasted below.  Does anyone know what may
>> have caused this?  Was the hang really a garbage collection?  How might I
>> prevent this from happening again?

+
Stack 2011-04-29, 16:13
+