Pig, mail # dev - Put a "Google summer of code 2013" cwiki page

Re: Put a "Google summer of code 2013" cwiki page
Prasanth J 2013-03-21, 21:05
One more idea for GSoC project.

YSmart uses correlation between multiple MR jobs to reduce the number of MR jobs generated. I remember Dmitriy bringing this up early. The techniques specified in this paper (Input, Job Flow, Transit correlations) has been patched into Hive. If Pig doesn't use these optimizations then I think it will be good to have them in Pig as well.

Here is the link to the paper http://www.cse.ohio-state.edu/hpcs/WWW/HTML/publications/papers/TR-11-7.pdf

I think this can be a good candidate project for GSoC.

Thanks
-- Prasanth