Hadoop >> mail # dev >> [VOTE] Should we release 0.20.204.0rc2?

+
Owen OMalley 2011-08-09, 15:55
+
Allen Wittenauer 2011-08-10, 21:12
+
Allen Wittenauer 2011-08-11, 00:50
+
Owen OMalley 2011-08-18, 07:28
Re: [VOTE] Should we release 0.20.204.0rc2?

On Aug 18, 2011, at 12:28 AM, Owen O'Malley wrote:

> This vote is still running with no votes other than mine.
>
> I've tested with and without security on a 60 node cluster and I'm seeing some failures, but not that many. On a terasort with 15,000 maps and 200 reduces, I ran the following cases:
>
> security + linux task controller : 2 failures (both mr-2651)
>
> no security + default task controller : 6-7 failures (seems to be a race condition in clean up)
>
> Even in the no security case, it is only losing 0.05% of the time.

We're seeing much much higher failure rates.  In the 5-10% area.  It might very well be because we have more cores/faster boxes.

> It isn't perfect, but this is the code that Yahoo is currently running. I think we should release it.

Y! can afford the task failures.  The rest of us can't.  So -1.
+
Jakob Homan 2011-08-18, 18:35
+
Mahadev Konar 2011-08-18, 19:10