HBase, mail # user - Region balancing question

Region balancing question
Bryan Keller 2012-08-02, 06:07
I have a table on a 4 node test cluster. I also have some other tables on the cluster. The table in question has a total of 12 regions. I noticed that 1 node has 6 regions, another has zero, and the remaining two nodes have the expected 3 regions. I'm a little confused how this can happen.

The node with zero regions for the table has regions for other tables, so the node seems to be functioning properly. I'm not sure how this particular table can end up having no regions on this one node. Should the balancer distribute the regions evenly across the cluster for a given table? If so, is there a way to force it to rebalance?