HBase >> mail # user >> Is it necessary to set MD5 on rowkey?

Is it necessary to set MD5 on rowkey?
Many articles tell me that MD5 rowkey or part of it is good method to balance the records stored in different parts. But If I want to search some sequential rowkey records, such as date as rowkey or partially. I can not use rowkey filter to scan a range of date value one time on the date by MD5. How to balance this issue?
Thanks.

+
Doug Meil 2012-12-18, 13:40
+