MapReduce >> mail # dev >> Straggler map tasks

+
Samaneh Shokuhi 2012-11-25, 22:18
Re: Straggler map tasks

Yes, you should look at JobInProgress class, and search for 'speculative'. JobTracker already has logic to launch speculative copies for tasks which are progressing at a degraded rate relative to other tasks.

HTH,
+Vinod Kumar Vavilapalli
Hortonworks Inc.
http://hortonworks.com/