HBase >> mail # dev >> ProtoBuf generation?

+
Jean-Marc Spaggiari 2013-01-12, 22:28
+
Ted Yu 2013-01-12, 22:37
+
Jean-Marc Spaggiari 2013-01-12, 23:12
+
Matteo Bertozzi 2013-01-12, 23:14
+
lars hofhansl 2013-01-12, 23:27
+
Matteo Bertozzi 2013-01-12, 23:33
+
lars hofhansl 2013-01-12, 23:38
+
Jonathan Hsieh 2013-01-13, 16:43
+
Alejandro Abdelnur 2013-01-13, 20:10
+
Andrew Purtell 2013-01-13, 20:25
+
Enis Söztutar 2013-01-14, 20:02
+
Stack 2013-01-15, 04:37
+
Jonathan Hsieh 2013-01-15, 08:46
+
Nicolas Liochon 2013-01-15, 09:10
+
Todd Lipcon 2013-01-15, 17:04
Re: ProtoBuf generation?
I suppose I come at this from the point of view of "why wouldn't I also be
compiling Hadoop at the same time?". I will withdraw my earlier comment
because I'm not able to judge how frequently someone building HBase would
also want to build Hadoop. We don't need to repeat the sins of other
projects of course but I'm curious why protoc is required for building
HDFS, etc., when these same arguments would seem to apply there equally.

--
Best regards,

   - Andy

(via Tom White)