HBase >> mail # dev >> ProtoBuf generation?

Re: ProtoBuf generation?
I suppose I come at this from the point of view of "why wouldn't I also be
compiling Hadoop at the same time?". I will withdraw my earlier comment
because I'm not able to judge how frequently someone building HBase would
also want to build Hadoop. We don't need to repeat the sins of other
projects of course but I'm curious why protoc is required for building
HDFS, etc., when these same arguments would seem to apply there equally.

--
Best regards,

   - Andy

(via Tom White)