Pig, mail # user - Copying files to Amazon S3 using Pig is slow

Copying files to Amazon S3 using Pig is slow
James Newhaven 2012-06-08, 11:40
I want to copy 26,000 HDFS files generated by a pig script to Amazon S3.

I am using the copyToLocal command, but I noticed the copy throughput is
only one file per second - so it is going to take about 7 hours to copy all
the files.

The command I am using is: copyToLocal /tmp/files/ s3://my-bucket/

Does anyone have any ideas how I could speed this up?

Thanks,
James