Avro >> mail # user >> Dependencies in pom aggregation

Dependencies in pom aggregation
Hi,

I'm working on the apache avro project and I'm having a problem with
maven that I was hoping to get some help with.

My project consists of several modules, one of which is "mapred".
Now I can build "mapred" just fine e.g by doing mvn package from within
the project.

Another module in the project is "tools". This module depends on the
"mapred" module. So its pom file declares the artifact for mapred as a
dependency. So far so good.

The problem is I would like to make the test class in the "tools"
modules depend on the "test" classes in "mapred". So I would like to
build a jar in "mapred" containing the "test" classes and then declare
this as a dependency for the test classes in "tools".

In the mapred module I can build a jar  containing the test classes
by doing mvn jar:test-jar but I'm not sure how to add this jar as a
dependency for the "tools" module during testing.

Thanks
Jeremy