Accumulo >> mail # dev >> loggers

The large blocks issue is going away soon/already with append support in HDFS. You are still going to be hurt if you have other things IOing on the node as you still need to spin disk, but it won't be as terrible as it could be.

The big problem is in the fact that writing replicas in HDFS is done in a pipeline, rather than in parallel. There is a ticket to change this (HDFS-1783), but no movement on it since last summer.

Just my two cents, but sticking with the currently logging style makes the most sense, though maybe making it a really distinct interface so we can swap out for an HDFS implementation when it's ready and people prefer.

- Jesse Yates

Sent from my iPhone.