Hadoop >> mail # dev >> Re: [ANNOUNCEMENT] Hadoop 0.20.205.0 release

Re: [ANNOUNCEMENT] Hadoop 0.20.205.0 release
Hello Roman,

HDFS-1943 <https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/HDFS-1943> is a resolved
bug which was opened only against 0.22 and 0.23.  No one in the community
(including you) saw fit to raise it as a concern for 0.20-security, despite
multiple public invitations to propose jiras for inclusion in 0.20.205.
 Testing a release candidate is a community effort, and out of all the
people in the community who tested the RC, no one found or raised this as an
issue.

Nevertheless, I would be happy to include the fix in the next release.  If
you would like it to be included, please re-open the jira for a backport,
and preferably submit a tested patch.  And yes, I am considering a
0.20.205.1 bug fix release, so if a tested patch is submitted in the near
future, it can go in.

Regarding the second issue, "unfortunate placement of the task-controller
binary", again please open a jira and submit a tested patch.  I'll be happy
to include it in the next release.

Thank you for raising these issues.  I hope in the future the Bigtop team
will consider testing the next Hadoop release candidate before the vote
closes instead of after.

Thanks,
--Matt