Bigtop >> mail # dev >> FYI - building Phoenix issues/solution

Re: FYI - building Phoenix issues/solution
Thanks Mikhail. I did poke a little around Hive and JDK7. I believe Hive
0.12 is the first release that we can build Hive on JDK7. See HIVE-3197 for
example. Although that JIRA is fixed in 0.11, I think there were some other
bugs that would have prevented Hive from building on JDK7 till Hive 0.12.
When we voted the BOM (Bill Of Materials) for Bigtop 0.8, Hive 0.12 was not
out, so we voted for 0.11.1.

I do think, however, that Hive 0.12 makes more sense for Bigtop 0.8. I will
likely create a new vote thread for that.

Mark