MapReduce, mail # user - How to set "hadoop.tmp.dir" if I have multiple disks per node?

+
Tao Xiao 2013-12-16, 07:02
+
shashwat shriparv 2013-12-16, 07:56
+
Dieter De Witte 2013-12-16, 08:12
Re: How to set "hadoop.tmp.dir" if I have multiple disks per node?
Shekhar Sharma 2013-12-16, 08:39
hadoop.tmp.dir is a directory created on local file system
For example if you have set hadoop.tmp.dir property to /home/training/hadoop

This directory will be created when you format the namenode by running
the command
hadoop namenode -format

When you open this folder
you will see two subfolders dfs and mapred.

the /home/training/hadoop/mapred folder will be on HDFS also

Hope this clears
Regards,
Som Shekhar Sharma
+91-8197243810
On Mon, Dec 16, 2013 at 1:42 PM, Dieter De Witte <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Make sure to also set mapred.local.dir to the same set of output
> directories, this is were the intermediate key-value pairs are stored!
>
> Regards, Dieter
>

> 2013/12/16 Tao Xiao <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
>>
>> I have ten disks per node,and I don't know what value I should set to
>> "hadoop.tmp.dir". Some said this property refers to a location in local disk
>> while some other said it refers to a directory in HDFS. I'm confused, who
>> can explain it ?
>>
>> I want to spread I/O since I have ten disks per node, so should I set a
>> comma-separated list of directories (which are on different disks) to
>> "hadoop.tmp.dir" ?

+
Tao Xiao 2013-12-16, 09:11
+