MapReduce >> mail # user >> How to set "hadoop.tmp.dir" if I have multiple disks per node?

Re: How to set "hadoop.tmp.dir" if I have multiple disks per node?
hadoop.tmp.dir is a directory created on local file system
For example if you have set hadoop.tmp.dir property to /home/training/hadoop

This directory will be created when you format the namenode by running
the command
hadoop namenode -format

When you open this folder
you will see two subfolders dfs and mapred.

the /home/training/hadoop/mapred folder will be on HDFS also

Hope this clears
Regards,
Som Shekhar Sharma
+91-8197243810