MapReduce >> mail # user >> fsck only working on namenode

Re: fsck only working on namenode
While your problem is interesting, you need not use FSCK to get block
IDs of a file, as thats not the right way to fetch it (its a rather
long, should-be-disallowed route). You can leverage the FileSystem API
itself to do that. See FileSystem#getFileBlockLocations(…), i.e.
http://hadoop.apache.org/docs/current/api/org/apache/hadoop/fs/FileSystem.html#getFileBlockLocations(org.apache.hadoop.fs.FileStatus,%20long,%20long)
if you use FileSystem APIs, or see FileContext#listLocatedStatus(…)
i.e. http://hadoop.apache.org/docs/current/api/org/apache/hadoop/fs/FileContext.html#listLocatedStatus(org.apache.hadoop.fs.Path)
if you use FileContext APIs.

Onto your problem though, can you successfully do a `telnet NNHOST
50070` from one of your slave nodes?

--
Harsh J