HBase >> mail # user >> [ANNOUNCE] Phoenix 1.2 is now available

Re: [ANNOUNCE] Phoenix 1.2 is now available
Hi Anil,
No HBase changes were required. We're already leveraging coprocessors in
HBase which is a key enabler. The other pieces needed are:
- a type system
- a means to evaluate an ORDER BY expression on the server
- memory tracking/throttling (the topN for each region are held in
memory until the client does a merge sort)
Phoenix has all these, so it was just a matter of packaging them up to
support this.

Thanks,
James