From: "Raj Hadoop" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: "Hive" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Subject: Loading a flat file + one additional field to a Hive table
Date: Fri, Jul 5, 2013 10:30 PM
Hi,

Can any one please suggest the best way to do the following in Hive?

Load 'todays date stamp' + << ALL FIELDS C1,C2,C3,C4 IN A FILE F1 >> to a Hive table  T1 ( D1,C1,C2,C3,C4)

    Can the following command be modified in some way to acheive the above
    hive > load data local inpath '/software/home/hadoop/dat_files/' into table T1;

My requirement is to append a date stamp to a Web log file and then load it to Hive table.

Thanks,
Raj