Hadoop, mail # dev - About the HDFS_READ/WRITE blocks from namenode to datanode

Re: About the HDFS_READ/WRITE blocks from namenode to datanode
Harsh J 2012-10-08, 12:36
If you run any HDFS client operations on your NameNode box or if
another service running on the NameNode machine accesses HDFS, they
will register as a Read/Write client traces on the DataNodes. It isn't
the NameNode that reads the blocks usually.

--
Harsh J