HBase >> mail # user >> Improvement: Provide better feedback on Put to unknown CF

Improvement: Provide better feedback on Put to unknown CF
Hi,

When we try to add a value to a CF which does not exist on a table, we
are getting the error below. I think this is not really giving the
right information about the issue.

Should it not be better to provide an exception like
UnknownColumnFamillyException?

JM

org.apache.hadoop.hbase.client.RetriesExhaustedWithDetailsException:
Failed 1 action: DoNotRetryIOException: 1 time, servers with issues:
phenom:60020,
at org.apache.hadoop.hbase.client.HConnectionManager$HConnectionImplementation.processBatchCallback(HConnectionManager.java:1591)
at org.apache.hadoop.hbase.client.HConnectionManager$HConnectionImplementation.processBatch(HConnectionManager.java:1367)
at org.apache.hadoop.hbase.client.HTable.flushCommits(HTable.java:945)
at org.apache.hadoop.hbase.client.HTable.doPut(HTable.java:801)
at org.apache.hadoop.hbase.client.HTable.put(HTable.java:776)
at org.myapp.app.Integrator.main(Integrator.java:162)