Hive, mail # user - Reg: <Real Time Hive query>

+
Kshiva Kps 2012-12-25, 07:30
+
Kshiva Kps 2012-12-25, 07:31
+
Nitin Pawar 2012-12-25, 08:39
+
Kshiva Kps 2012-12-25, 09:54
+
Nitin Pawar 2012-12-25, 10:06
+
Manish Malhotra 2012-12-26, 03:01
Re: Reg: <Real Time Hive query>
Mohammad Tariq 2012-12-25, 12:57
Hello Kshiva,

           Hive is batch a processing system and not meant for real time
stuff as said by Nitin. Hive queries actually get converted into MapReduce
jobs under the hood and then give you the result. If you want to query your
data in real time, then give "Impala" a shot. It does the same thing which
Hive does, but in real time. It doesn't rely on MapReduce, instead uses MPP,

HTH

Best Regards,
Tariq
+91-9741563634