Flume >> mail # user >> Could not instantiate class org.apache.flume.clients.log4jappender

+
孙东亮 2013-01-14, 03:25
+
Chhaya Vishwakarma 2013-01-14, 04:52
+
Dongliang Sun 2013-01-14, 05:24
+
Connor Woodson 2013-01-14, 05:50
+
Dongliang Sun 2013-01-14, 06:05
+
Chhaya Vishwakarma 2013-01-14, 06:10
+
Alexander Alten-Lorenz 2013-01-14, 06:58
Re: Could not instantiate class org.apache.flume.clients.log4jappender
He's running Pig, not Flume, but trying to get the Flume Log4jAppender
working.

If you want to try to compile with the log4jappender, download Pig from
Github and add the following to ivy.xml, then 'ant build':

<dependency org="org.apache.flume" name="flume-ng-clients" rev="1.3.1"/>

On Sun, Jan 13, 2013 at 10:58 PM, Alexander Alten-Lorenz <
[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Please post the flume startup line. I guess you have missed the --conf
> switch.
>
> - Alex
>
> On Jan 14, 2013, at 4:25 AM, 孙东亮 <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>
> > I'm a newbie for the Flume, and I just set up flume for a test.
> > I want to use the log4jappender to get log info from PIG scripts, the
> > log4j.properties is:
> >
> > log4j.appender.flume > org.apache.flume.clients.log4jappender.Log4jAppender
> > log4j.appender.flume.Hostname = localhost
> > log4j.appender.flume.Port = 41414
> > log4j.logger.org.apache.pig=DEBUG,flume
> >
> > And for the flume.config:
> >
> > a1.sources = r1
> > a1.sinks = k1
> > a1.channels = c1
> >
> > # Describe/configure the source
> > a1.sources.r1.type = avro
> > a1.sources.r1.bind = localhost
> > a1.sources.r1.port = 41414
> >
> > # Describe the sink
> > a1.sinks.k1.type = logger
> > # Use a channel which buffers events in memory
> > a1.channels.c1.type = memory
> > a1.channels.c1.capacity = 1000
> > a1.channels.c1.transactionCapacity = 100
> >
> > # Bind the source and sink to the channel
> > a1.sources.r1.channels = c1
> > a1.sinks.k1.channel = c1
> >
> > But I got the following error when run a pig script:
> > java.lang.ClassNotFoundException:
> > org.apache.flume.clients.log4jappender.Log4jAppender
> > at java.net.URLClassLoader$1.run(URLClassLoader.java:202)
> > at java.net.URLClassLoader.findClass(URLClassLoader.java:190)
> > at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClass(ClassLoader.java:306)
> > at sun.misc.Launcher$AppClassLoader.loadClass(Launcher.java:301)
> > at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClass(ClassLoader.java:247)
> > at java.lang.Class.forName0(Native Method)
> > at java.lang.Class.forName(Class.java:169)
> > at org.apache.log4j.helpers.Loader.loadClass(Loader.java:179)
> > at
> >
> org.apache.log4j.helpers.OptionConverter.instantiateByClassName(OptionConverter.java:320)
> > at
> >
> org.apache.log4j.helpers.OptionConverter.instantiateByKey(OptionConverter.java:121)
> > at
> >
> org.apache.log4j.PropertyConfigurator.parseAppender(PropertyConfigurator.java:664)
> > at
> >
> org.apache.log4j.PropertyConfigurator.parseCategory(PropertyConfigurator.java:647)
> > at
> >
> org.apache.log4j.PropertyConfigurator.parseCatsAndRenderers(PropertyConfigurator.java:568)
> > at
> >
> org.apache.log4j.PropertyConfigurator.doConfigure(PropertyConfigurator.java:442)
> > at
> >
> org.apache.log4j.PropertyConfigurator.configure(PropertyConfigurator.java:367)
> > at org.apache.pig.Main.configureLog4J(Main.java:678)
> > at org.apache.pig.Main.run(Main.java:337)
> > at org.apache.pig.Main.main(Main.java:111)
> > at

> > at

> > at org.apache.hadoop.util.RunJar.main(RunJar.java:156)
> [...]
Alexander Alten-Lorenz 2013-01-14, 08:53
+
Dongliang Sun 2013-01-14, 09:30
+
Alexander Alten-Lorenz 2013-01-14, 10:01
+
Dongliang Sun 2013-01-14, 07:11
+
Alexander Alten-Lorenz 2013-01-14, 08:13
+
Dongliang Sun 2013-01-14, 08:37
+
Dongliang Sun 2013-01-14, 05:42