Chukwa >> mail # dev >> Re: binary release artifacts

+
Eric Yang 2013-09-13, 22:53
Re: binary release artifacts
So back on chukwa-dev about this.

As Eric noted the binary does in fact include the LICENSE and NOTICE files.
Also as the rest of the discussion showed there is no requirement for the
conveniance binaries to be voted on, in fact, if you review all the
historical discussions around this it is pointless to do so. Other ASF
projects that really understand all this don't inlucde there conveniance
binaries in their release votes. Whatever the feelings around this there is
certainly no need or reason to have the artifacts removed from the
distribution area.

   ...ant

On Fri, Sep 13, 2013 at 11:53 PM, Eric Yang <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Hi Tim,
>
> There is LICENSE.txt and NOTICES.txt in both source and binary package.  In
> the binary package, the files are located in $PREFIX/share/doc/chukwa to
> match what standard Linux file system layout.  We voted for source release
> and there is no Apache restriction that a source release, can not procedure
> a binary package.  There is also no restriction that binary release must
> have LICENSE.txt and NOTICES.txt in the top level directory.  Therefore,
> Chukwa packages should be fine.  Let us know if there is any questions.
>
> regards,
> Eric
>

> On Fri, Sep 13, 2013 at 9:20 AM, Tim Williams <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
> wrote:
>
> > Maybe my subscription was confirmed yet the first time I sent this...

+
Tim Williams 2013-09-14, 00:18
+
ant elder 2013-09-14, 06:55