Hadoop, mail # user - Datanode: "Cannot start secure cluster without privileged resources"

Re: Datanode: "Cannot start secure cluster without privileged resources"
Harsh J 2012-11-26, 12:32
Secure DN needs to be started as root (it runs as proper user, but
needs to be started as root to grab reserved ports), and needs a
proper jsvc binary (for your arch/OS) available. Are you using
tarballs or packages (and if packages, are they from Bigtop)?

--
Harsh J