Hive, mail # user - "show table" throwing strange error

+
Mohammad Tariq 2013-06-20, 00:53
+
Anurag Tangri 2013-06-20, 01:23
+
Mohammad Tariq 2013-06-20, 01:30
+
Mapred Learn 2013-06-20, 01:36
+
Mohammad Tariq 2013-06-20, 01:42
+
Mohammad Tariq 2013-06-20, 01:44
+
Anurag Tangri 2013-06-20, 01:51
+
Mohammad Tariq 2013-06-20, 01:59
+
Mohammad Tariq 2013-06-20, 02:04
+
Sunita Arvind 2013-06-20, 03:13
+
Mohammad Tariq 2013-06-20, 11:28
+
Sanjay Subramanian 2013-06-20, 19:33
+
Mohammad Tariq 2013-06-20, 19:52
+
Sanjay Subramanian 2013-06-21, 19:17
Re: "show table" throwing strange error
kulkarni.swarnim@...) 2013-06-21, 20:56
More often than not in my experience is caused by a malformed
hive-site.xml(or hive-default.xml). When this happened to me, it was
because I somehow had tab characters in my hive-site.xml. Try dropping the
file(s) and recreate with appropriate formatting.

Swarnim
+
shashwat shriparv 2013-06-22, 09:58
+