From:   Andrew Purtell <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To:     "[EMAIL PROTECTED]" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>,
Date:   01/12/2013 09:39 PM
Subject:        Re: Coprocessor / threading model

> In pre-put, I trigger another Put() in an external table (to build the
secondary index).

We should probably call this a Coprocessor anti-pattern.

Coprocessors are meant to operate on the region to which they are
associated. They are a way you can extend HBase function while it operates
in region on data for the region. Think of them as loadable kernel
modules.
They are not a general purpose server side platform for programming as if
you are building a HBase client (with HTable, etc.). Just because you can
do this doesn't mean you should.
On Sat, Jan 12, 2013 at 4:06 PM, Adrien Mogenet
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]>wrote:

> Hi there,
>
> I'm experiencing some issues with CP. I'm trying to implement an
indexing
> solution (inspired by Annop's slides). In pre-put, I trigger another
Put()
> in an external table (to build the secondary index). It works perfect
for
> one client, but when I'm inserting data from 2 separate clients, I met
> issues with HTable object (the one used in pre-Put()), because it's not
> thread-safe. I decided to move on TablePool and that fixed my issue.
>
> But if I increase the write-load (and concurrency) HBase is throwing a
OOM

--
Best regards,

   - Andy