HBase >> mail # dev >> Jetty migration from version 6.1.26 to 9 ??

Re: Jetty migration from version 6.1.26 to 9 ??
于 5/5/2013 2:38 AM, Jonathan Hsieh 写道:
> +1. to standing pat.
>
> I know we've found problem in jetty in the past and what we have now is
> solid.
>

> On Fri, May 3, 2013 at 1:48 PM, Andrew Purtell <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>
>> We can move when Hadoop does.
>>
>> HOWEVER, it should be the same version used by downstream or we will have
>> classpath issues.
>>
>> Furthermore, any refactoring from 6 to 7 may well need to be done through
>> shims in hadoop-compat modules unless all branches of Hadoop that we
>> support have a release that moves to Jetty 7 (or 9 or whatever).
>>
>> I think we should wait at least until Hadoop makes a move, or if there is a
>> critical reason to do otherwise on our own initiative.
>>

>> On Fri, May 3, 2013 at 12:36 PM, Jean-Marc Spaggiari <
>> [EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>>
>>> There is some plans for Hadoop to move to Jetty 7.
>>>
>>> https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/HADOOP-8515
>>>
>>> Will that impact us? Might be the opportunity to move HBase to 9?

>>> inherit

>> version
>> are
>>> version
>>> testcase.

>> Hein
>>>>

>> --
>> Best regards,
>>
>>     - Andy

>> (via Tom White)

Thanks, Jon, Andrew and Jean's pointing out. Ok, yeah, there seems a
workload if migrating to 7 or 7+ version. Standing pat and keeping eyes
on hadoop's action makes sense.

--
Best Regards, Julian