Flume >> mail # user >> Restarts without data loss

Re: Restarts without data loss
Senthil,

sorry to highjack this thread, but this caught my attention.
How do you, if you do switching of channels i.e. mem to file dynamically.

- inder

On Mon, Jul 9, 2012 at 12:31 PM, Senthilvel Rangaswamy <[EMAIL PROTECTED]
> wrote:

> We do use persistent channel when there is overflow. Using FileChannel for
> regular operations
> is too slow for us.
>

> On Sun, Jul 8, 2012 at 11:58 PM, Brock Noland <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>
>>  I am guessing you are aware, but you could use a persistent channel such
>> as file channel.
>>
>> --
>> Brock Noland
>> Sent with Sparrow <http://www.sparrowmailapp.com/?sig>
>>
>> On Monday, July 9, 2012 at 7:18 AM, Senthilvel Rangaswamy wrote:
>>
>> We are using Flume 1.2.0 with memory channel. When we rollout new
>> configs/decorators
>> we may need to restart flume at which point any events in memory channel
>> is gone. Any
>> ways to avoid this ?
>>
>> Thanks,
>> --
>> ..Senthil
>>
>> "If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it
>>  caught and shot now."
>>                                                     - Douglas Adams.
>>

> --
> ..Senthil
>
> "If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it
>  caught and shot now."
>                                                     - Douglas Adams.

- Inder
  Tech Platforms @Inmobi