Hadoop, mail # general - where do side-projects go in trunk now that contrib/ is gone?

Re: where do side-projects go in trunk now that contrib/ is gone?
Steve Loughran 2013-02-12, 21:51
On 12 February 2013 21:35, Eli Collins <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> To answer your original question, there's already precedent for
> extension code in the project, eg file system extensions like s3 live
> in o.a.h.fs. The directory depends on the type of extension (eg 3rd
> party codec integration lives in o.a.h.io.compress). Probably best to
> discuss the particular case.

I know that s3n & S3 are in the main JAR, but I don't think that should be
copied without good reason, because it's also added another dependency
(jets3t) to everything.

The case of where to put SwiftFS driver has cropped up in HADOOP-8545, but
I don't think a single JIRA is the place to define policy like this
-hopefully general is.

-Steve