MapReduce, mail # user - How to add users in supergroup?

How to add users in supergroup?
Gaurav Dasgupta 2013-02-14, 14:51
Hi All,

I have Hadoop installed in my CentOS Linux cluster. I am trying to
understand that what are the various ways I can set user level and group
level permissions for read/write in HDFS.
I have set 770 permission to the some HDFS directory which has the
owner:group = hadoop:supergroup.

My intension is now to add all those users in "supergroup" whom I want to
access the HDFS directory. But, I could not find supergroup in "/etc/group"
.
What is "supergroup"? How can I add users to "supergroup"?

Thanks,
Gaurav
+
Chris Embree 2013-02-14, 16:55