Hive >> mail # user >> Hive Query

+
Manickam P 2013-07-12, 11:13
Re: Hive Query
Manickam,

How does support the in clause

what hive does not support is "subquery inside in clause"

you can perfectly run the query you have written but currently as per my
knowledge hive does not let you do this "select * from table where coln in
(select coln from table where coln=blah)"

if you want to use subquery inside in clause then you may take a look at
left join

--
Nitin Pawar
+