Hive >> mail # user >>

The following papers provide an overview of Hive. These papers also explain
the query rewrite i.e., translation from HiveQL to MR.

http://www.vldb.org/pvldb/2/vldb09-938.pdf
http://i.stanford.edu/~ragho/hive-icde2010.pdf

If you want to look at the code, you should probably start with
SemanticAnalyzer.java.  genPlan() and genMapRedTasks() in
SemanticAnalyzer.java are good starting points for looking at plan
generation.

Thanks.
Shreepadma.