Pig, mail # dev - Pig test package structure

+
Bill Graham 2012-03-27, 18:33
Re: Pig test package structure
Daniel Dai 2012-03-27, 18:47
I'd like to but it's a huge project. We need to figure out what each
test is doing and put them in the right package. We need to
split/merge lots of test, also there are many tests cross packages, we
need to figure a way to deal with it.

Daniel

On Tue, Mar 27, 2012 at 11:33 AM, Bill Graham <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Is there a good reason why almost all pig tests live in org.apache.pig.test
> and not in the package of the class they're testing? This approach means
> that many methods need to be made public just for testing instead of
> package private. It also makes it harder to find tests in a package with
> 212 classes in it.
>
> What would people feel about changing this standard to put test classes in
> the package name of the class you're testing? It would be great to move
> classes to new packages, but then there's that whole breaking patches
> part...
>
> thanks,
> Bill
+
Jonathan Coveney 2012-03-27, 18:55
+
Gianmarco De Francisci Mo... 2012-03-28, 14:00
+
Bill Graham 2012-03-28, 16:27
+
Jonathan Coveney 2012-03-28, 16:28