Avro >> mail # dev >> Avro-C: namespace lookup and inherited namespaces

+
Ben Walsh 2013-05-07, 10:17
+
Bruce Mitchener 2013-05-07, 10:30
Re: Avro-C: namespace lookup and inherited namespaces
FWIW, I think the Ruby bug was fixed here:
https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/AVRO-1272 — take a look at the patch,
perhaps you can adopt a similar approach in the C implementation (I don't
know how similar the code is though, so it may be irrelevant).

Martin
On 7 May 2013 02:30, Bruce Mitchener <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> On May 7, 2013, at 5:17 PM, Ben Walsh <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>

> > Hi
> >
> > It seems that the C version of Avro doesn't resolve fully-qualified type
> names, and it doesn't understand inherited namespaces.
> >
> > For example this doesn't work:
> >
> > {"type": "record", "namespace": "x", "name": "Y", "fields": [
> >  {"name": "e", "type": {"type": "record", "name": "Z", "fields": [
> >    {"name": "f", "type": "x.Z"}
> >  ]}}
> > ]}
> >
> > It can't find the type "x.Z".
> >
> > (this is similar to a Ruby problem
> https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/AVRO-635).
> >
> > I have a patch to make this work. Should I submit a JIRA or is this
> issue already fixed/not a problem?
>
> Sounds like a patch in JIRA would be ideal.
>
>  - Bruce

+
Ben Walsh 2013-05-07, 15:00